Tuesday 18 March 2014

Review ~ Dragon Fire


DRAGON FIRE 

~ Blurb ~ 

Some choices are hard to live with.
But some choices will kill you.

When seventeen-year-old Anna first meets Rakan in her hometown north of the Arctic Circle, she is attracted to his pulsing energy. Unaware that he is a shape-shifting dragon, Anna is drawn into a murderous cycle of revenge that pits Rakan and his clan against her best friend June.

Torn between his forbidden relationship with Anna, punishable by death, and restoring his family’s honor by killing June, Rakan must decide what is right. And what is worth living – or dying – for.




~ Review ~ 

The cover art, story and concept all drew me in from the start, and I was really looking forward to getting engrossed in the world of dragons for a change. I found the beginning a little confusing, as the story jumps from one group to another and there are so many characters (many with ‘dragon’ and ‘human’ names) to remember but once I got used to the writing style this became second nature and my imagination soon took over, picturing it all as the story unfolded. It’s a very complex, magically descriptive read that needs full attention, and I’m sure there are things that I missed given the detailed nature of the story, but it is definitely one to read.

It did take me a little while to get lost in the story (fantasy and dragons aren’t my normal reading material), but once I did I was happily turning page after page to see how things were going to work out. I enjoyed how it ended, but there is so much more to come from this story and I can’t wait to read what comes next.

~ Book Links ~ 



~ Author Bio ~

Born in the US, Dina has lived on 4 continents, worked as a graphic artist for television and as a consultant in the fashion industry. Somewhere between New York and Paris she picked up an MBA and a black belt – and still thinks the two are connected. Dina is currently the Regional Advisor for SCBWI Belgium, where she lives with her husband, two children, three horses and a cat.

Dina loves to create intricate worlds filled with conflict and passion. She builds her own myths while exploring issues of belonging, racism and the search for truth... after all, how can you find true love if you don’t know who you are and what you believe in? Dina’s key to developing characters is to figure out what they would be willing to die for. And then pushing them to that limit.

~ Author Links ~ 

1 comment: